Tuesday, March 3, 2015

2 John 1:12...The Last Letter from the Mission Field


February 25, 2015
Wednesday

Como o tempo voa [How time flies.]

Well, this is the last weekly mission email until I’m old and retired and serve a mission with my husband! How weeeeird! I don't have much time today because I’m gonna have an interview with President, and then we're going to the TEMPLE!!!!!! So I’ll have to make this brief. 

This week has not been easy for us. I think the hardest thing for me as a missionary has been to see individuals that we as a companionship pray, fast, study, and work for, and love so much, decide to choose other paths that will not bring happiness. Something that I have had to learn is to see my work as the Lord sees it. To put everything I have on the altar, all my fears, energy, thoughts, time, everything I have. If I give my honest offering to the Lord, He is happy with my work, whether His children accept it or not. We have felt a peace this week, knowing that. 

It has been a whirlwind of emotions this week, I don't even know how to describe what it feels like to be at the end of a mission, but I am so very glad to be here, serving the Lord. I know He loves His children SO much. And He answers their prayers. 

I love you and hope you have a wonderful week! Até logo!  [See you!]

Love, 
Sister Hicken

2 John 1:12

[Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink:  but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.]

No comments:

Post a Comment