Monday, January 12, 2015

Internet Crashes, Investigators, and Scorpions. Oh My!


January 12, 2015

Oi everybody! 

I don't have much time today because the internet crashed and we had to come back 2 hours later, and it was a big ole mess and yeah, but I'll try and share the highlights here. 

One of our investigators is going to be baptized this week on Saturday! Please keep him in your prayers! The adversary works hard to mess up and impede baptisms, and dissuade the investigator especially the week of the baptism, so we're praying hard that everything will go smoothly, and that he will continue to feel peace with his decision. Another investigator may be baptized this day but it is not very likely, as she has a ton of medical appointments this week. She is incredible though. In the midst of so many problems with her health and her house, she comes to church every Sunday that she can. The only thing she needs is to be taught the rest of the lessons. She feels what we're teaching is true, and is seeing the difference and we are seeing a difference in her. She is even planning to go find a modest dress this week, and we haven't even talked about the standards, but she said she would feel better that way. 

We had a lot of investigators at church this week, it was great! Two of them finally came for the first time, and they liked it a lot.  We're planning to mark their baptism tonight. ALSO, SISTER DANA AND SISTER PIZA, GABRIEL CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!! And he loved it! He also went to the movies with Rodrigo and some of the other young men this week. Wooohoo! 

Sad thing of the week-Jaqueline moved to the city :((((((((((((((((((((((( It was so sad to say goodbye to her and her kids. Me and Sister Morales wrote a letter to her, and stopped by to deliver it and say goodbye. She surprised us by giving us each a pair of earrings and a ring. Soooo sweet. I feel strongly that she was a large part of the reason I needed to come to Ouro Preto. Sister Morales and I both love her and her family soooo much. We all bawled when it was time to go :( But I'm happy that she plans to continue going to church and preparing to get married and be baptized. 

In other news, I had an encounter with a real live scorpion this week! Well....now, it's a real dead scorpion. But it's still ugly! I took pictures. I'll send them next week. I also have pictures of happier things, like Jaqueline and her cute kids that I'll try to send. 

I love this work. I have never been so happy and involved in a greater cause---building the Lord's kingdom, and helping people find true happiness. This is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know it. I know He lives. I know He is our Savior and Redeemer. Following Him is the way to find true happiness. 

I love you all, and hope you have a FANTASTIC ;) week. 

Love,
Sister Hicken

No comments:

Post a Comment