Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Goodbye Carpina...Hello Ouro Preto!



October 29, 2014                                 Wednesday
Hello everyone! I'm still alive! Worry not! It has been a caaaraaaaaaazy week. I am on today, and not Monday because I got transferred, and our zone gets to go to the temple today! Yippee!!!!! Sooo first things first.
This week was my last week in Carpina. As always, we didn't get the call until Sunday night, but I was expecting it, because I served here for 5 transfers. I was feeling that my time was up. Me and Sister Evans were transferred. Sister Kohtz and Sister Muñoz stayed (and Sister Evans is going to Boa Vista, my first area! Also, Sister Roig says that Rosa is going to the temple to be sealed on December 15th! We're going to try to go :) ANYways, it was reeeeally hard to say good-bye to everyone in Carpina. I came to love so many people SO much, and I just have to promise myself that I'll go back to visit one day, because I can't stand to think that I would never see them again. But backing up, I'll give a quick run-down of the highlights this week-
Let's see.....we marked Dalva and Aninha for baptism on November 9th. They just have to come to church!!! Farias and Veronica came to church on Sunday :DDD They really liked it. We're going to (or Sister Muñoz and her new comp Sister Venegas) are going to mark their baptisms this week. Also Waleska came to church. She's progressing. We'll help her get there.

Friday we did a service project with Mó and Cicero, cleaning their new house. We scrubbed paint stains off the floor. Thanks to my years of training from a world-class floor scrubber (thanks Dad!) we got that house sparkling clean. Sunday we went to Lagoa do Carro, (literally means Car Lake), a neighboring city to visit a media referral, with our Ward Mission Leader, Erick. We found her, and 2 other new investigators there and I think the work may really start to grow there. It was exciting! 

Service Project at Mo and Cicero's with their grandson, Joao.

Me and Zenaide, my Brazilian grandma.  This lady is HILARIOUS! We LOOOOVE her!

Had a great lesson with Silvânia and Juliana and Andreza this week. They made lunch for us. It was sooo delicious and they were sooo sweet. They committed to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and next week are going to come to church with Cicero!

Teaching Silvania, Juliana, and Andreza with Sister Munoz
Sunday we got the transfer call, and then had a missionary correlation meeting, and then I said good-bye to everyone. I wasn't able to keep it together. Also I was starting to feel sick, but still wanted to visit some people. We ran into Erick, my old investigator at the church, and he came with us to visit Dominik and Daiane. I love those girls so much. We hugged and cried, and they asked me to give a prayer before I left. Then I said good-bye to Erick. I wasn't able to say good-bye to Rose or Marcelo, they didn't pick up the phone :(((( I got all packed up after that and then the next morning, we headed to the transfer meeting.
I got transferred to Ouro Preto! I'm in a trio, but in two weeks may be training a new sister who will arrive. I'll give more details on the area next week, but I am super excited to be working here and I loooove my new companions! Sister Piza is from Sao Paulo and Sister Damian is from Peru. Sorry I am running out of time I have to go but I love you all and talk to you later!!!
Love,
Sister Hicken

P.S.  Erick almost got run over by a REAL LIVE ARMADILLO last week! I saw a real live armadillo. And it ran in between Erick's feet hahahahaha. It was so funny. It was running away from its owner, and everyone was screaming. But it was sooo cute! I wanted to pet it.  That’s all. I just remembered and thought you would enjoy. :)

3 Marias Neighborhood

Sister Evans, Sister Kohtz, Amaro and Alcina (1st counselor in the bishopric and his wife, the Relief Society President), and Pamela and Fernando, a recent convert and spouse, Me, and Sister Munoz.

Our ward "district".  They are like our elders.  Erick--the taller one is--is our ward mission leader, and Nininho, the shorter one is the 2nd counselor in the bishopric.  They are both RMs and drive the missionary force in our Carpina ward.

Me, Daiane, and Sister Munoz

That is a real live dead cockroach on the knife.  I had to drown it and then scoop it out of the sink and then dump it in the trash.  Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Me and a mural in Carpina that made me think of Emma.



Me and Sister Fuoco


Me and my new mission companions.  Sister Damian, Me, and Sister Piza...#windblowinginourhair=supermodels


New Ouro Preto Power Trio:  Sister Piza, Sister Hicken, and Sister Damian.





No comments:

Post a Comment