Monday, June 2, 2014

Everyone Gets a Birthday!


June 2, 2014       Monday
You get a birthday.  And you get a birthday.  And you get a birthday!
EVERYONE GETS A BIRTHDAY! I don't know what it is about this week of May/June, but everyone has a birthday this week! Saturday Sister Kohtz turned 20, and yesterday, my favorite brother in the entire WORLD turned 16!!!!!!! PARABÉNS NATHAN!!!!!!!!!
This week was crrraaaaaazy. I think I always say that, but I really super especially mean it this time. We made THREE trips to Recife this week. I now have the journey memorized. It's about a 2-3 hour trip one way. Monday, Wednesday and Friday we went to Recife for treatments for Sister Kohtz (but she's much better now!) and also on Wednesday we had a surprise zone conference because it is the last one with Presidente e Sister Lanius. And on the days we were in Carpina, Sister Kohtz stayed home with Sister Perez, who has tendonitis, and Sister Fuoco and I ran around like crazy people visiting our investigators in both of our areas. LOUUCOOOO! But we saw many miracles this week! In total we have 4 investigators marked for baptism this week. 3 from our area and 1 from Sister Fuoco's area. Woohoo!
One of them is Erick!!!!!!!!! We are sooo excited for him. He came to a family home evening this week and LOVED it. He absorbs everything we teach him, and is such a good kid. Please pray for his parents to support him in his desire to be baptized. That is the only thing missing. We haven't been able to meet with his parents because his dad lives in another city, and his mom works in Recife during the week.
I’m gonna send this really fast cuz I think the computer may die.

Okay everything's still good. So yeah, pray for Erick. Also Aninha and Cicero. It was really cool how we met Aninha. We had 10 minutes before an appointment and trying to decide what to do, and so we were like "Alright, 10 minutes to find an elect", and we went and did contacts. While we were talking with this one lady, Aninha came up to us out of nowhere, and asked what church we were from, and we talked with her a little bit, and marked a day to visit with her. She was very excited for us to come. We taught her 2 times this week, and the second time we met her husband (would you believe that her husband is 30 YEARS OLDER than her?) but he's really cool. They both committed to be baptized. They’ve never been baptized (which is really rare here) because they never felt like it was right. They are fantastic. They’re marked for this Sunday!!!
Zone conference with Presidente e Sister Lanius was really cool! They both talked a little bit, and then opened it up for questions about anything, about their lives, about doctrine, about the mission. It was really neat. The mission took a picture of our group and them, which I should get this week and I’ll send to you guys. I’m really going to miss them!
There is a very cool video that you guys should look up on YouTube. I just don't know what it's called in English. In Portuguese it's "graças a ele" which should be something like 'thanks to him' or "because of him". It’s like a 3-minute video about the Atonement that the church made this year, and it's absolutely beautiful. We watched it in a family home evening this week, and then read various scriptures about the atonement (Alma 7:11-13, Isaiah 53:3-5, D&C 19:not sure which verses) and then invited people to bear their testimonies, and then watched the video again. Guys the spirit was so strong. It was really wonderful. I recommend it to all! I know Christ lived and died for us, and this fact affects our lives every minute of every day. It means we can be clean. It means we can start over. It means we can conquer any and every obstacle, addiction, challenge, or trial. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. I know they love and know me individually. I invite you, if you have never done so, to pray tonight and ask to feel your Heavenly Father's love. And then wait. And let Him answer. I testify that He will answer, if you ask in faith, because He loves you. He really loves you.
I love you all and hope you are all doing well! Have a wonderful week!
Love Sister Hicken


Sister Hicken with Sister Lanius and President Lanius

No comments:

Post a Comment