Monday, February 24, 2014

I Was Almost Spiderwoman!


February 24, 2014
Monday


This week has been fantastic! Lots of things happened, hopefully I'll have time to tell everything.

First of all, Sheila is progressing well. She's decreasing the number of cigarettes she smokes every day, and is loving everything we teach. Every day she studies the Book of Mormon, the Liahona, the gospel principles manual and the Bible. And she and Rosa have become good friends :) It makes me SO happy to see how much she is progressing, and to see her become a part of the ward.

We started teaching Larissa's boyfriend's family! Leo and his two sisters, Jaqueline and Luzia. Larissa still can't go to church, but she came to our English class with Leo and then Leo came to church this Sunday. And he and Jaqueline accepted the invitation to be baptized! They have so much potential! They just need to keep the commitments. :)

Vitoria went to Recife AGAIN this weekend. :(  We're going to try to get in contact with the missionaries there to see if they can teach her on the weekends. Rayza is doing well, but can't go to church without Vitoria. :(

We did visiting teaching visits with two sisters in our ward this week. My visiting teaching companion is Rosilda, and Sister Fortes' is Rosiney. Home and visiting teaching here is practically nonexistent, so we asked the bishop and the Relief Society president if we could do divisions with the sisters to help them understand and learn how to do visiting teaching. Altogether we visited 6 sisters, and it went really well! They caught the spirit of missionary work, of being a good shepherd, as is the message this month. They were really excited, and so were we.  :)  I wish I could emphasize how VITAL home and visiting teaching is. It is our chance, our responsibility to be shepherds of the Lord's flock. It really, really, really makes a difference.

We had a division this week with our trainers. It was super awesome.

This week and next week will be Carnaval. Basically it's a giant week long party, kind of like Mardi Gras. We have to be home by 5 every night from this Friday to the next. It’s super annoying because we have some investigators who can only meet at night, but we'll work it out. I’ll use this time to write a mountain of letters to everyone!

Transfers were today. Everyone in our house is staying, but now Sister Dana and Sister Rodrigues are our new trainers!

Also WE HAVE A FLUSHING TOILET NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And new mattresses, and we don't have to hand fill the washing machine with a hose now. It feels like Christmas.

In other news, I HATE BUGS. A radioactive spider or something bit me this week, and made a huge red mark on my leg. It didn't itch or hurt or anything, and I felt fine, besides the fact that I started shooting webs and eating flies, but it was pretty huge, and wasn't going away, so we went to the doctor. He made the profound diagnosis that it was an allergic reaction to a bug bite, and gave me a prescription for some drug with a fancy name like "anti-inflammatory" or something. But I know it was really to suppress my superpowers. It's normal for people to be afraid of the supernatural. But I would use my powers for good! Sigh...I’m so misunderstood. ANYways, I took some ibuprofen and it's going away now.

That’s all I can think of for now! I love you all and miss you! Thank you for your prayers and love and support! Until next week!

Love,
Sister Hicken


And this guy.  Yes.  He's VERY, VERY, VERY REAL!  GRRROOSSSSSS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment