Monday, February 10, 2014

And behold, SHE WAS A TOMATO.


February 10, 2014
Monday

The weekly email I was writing got erased, so I’ll have to write a quick one again. Last week was really good!!!!  I was almost done with my email telling you guys all about it when the internet crashed and erased it.  It's not even in the drafts.  Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  But it was a great week.  We worked our guts out, and marked the baptism of one of our investigators, Sheila. She is super duper elect! We marked her baptism for the 23rd  of February.  She is seriously amazing. In our second lesson, she brought another friend to hear.  She had told her all about us. We taught the Plan of Salvation, and the Spirit was so strong! She went to an activity Friday and LOVED it. Everything we teach her makes so much sense to her. She is devouring the Book of Mormon, already in 1 Nephi 12, and is really excited to be baptized. She is THE golden investigator haha. The only thing is that she didn't go to church yesterday. Ghahhhh. We arranged for a member to pick her up and everything but she had just woken up. We told her she could still come late, but she didn't make it. I would love it if you guys could pray for her!

We are hoping to mark Vitoria and Rayza’s baptisms for the same day as Sheila. Vitoria went to São Paulo this week, and they both weren't able to come to church this week. Gahhhhh. But we're going to meet with them this week and mark their baptism!!!! Keep praying for them!

Here’s a bit of what I wrote before:

Hola!

Rosinha came to church finally!!!!!! We were so excited!!!!!!  We have lots of investigators with potential right now.  We're really being blessed for our work.

This week was super cold and rainy. Yes. Cold and rainy in BRASIL. I wore my raincoat one day. And I learned an important lesson. Which would be best conveyed through scripture:

Book of Sister Hicken, Chapter 1:1-6

1  And it came to pass in the 3rd year in the reign of Presidente Lanius, that much rain did fall upon the land Gravatá.
2  Yea it did rain exceedingly, in the land of Gravatá.
3  And it came to pass that Sister Hicken said unto Sister Fortes, "Behold the great clouds that do hide the sun, and behold the rains. Let us cover ourselves with raincoats and umbrellas that we may not perish because of wetness."
4  And thus they did accordingly. And behold Sister Hicken did not think to apply sunscreen for behold, yea verily, it was the coldest, rainiest, cloudiest day in the 3rd year of the reign of Presidente Lanius.
5  And it came to pass that they did go out unto the people and did preach the gospel to the nations.
6  And it came to pass that when they did return unto their house, Sister Hicken did cast her eyes roundabout into the mirror, and began to fear and tremble exceedingly. For she did behold that SHE WAS A TOMATO. Yea the redness was exceedingly great thereof, like unto a tomato. And it came to pass that Sister Fortes did laugh her to scorn.


Okay, I’m running out of time. But seriously. I GOT SO BURNED!!!!!! And this was on the coldest, rainiest day of my time in Gravatá. And I am beet red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sister Dana calls me Kentucky Fried Hicken. Or KFSister. Seriously guys, I feel like Captain Amazing, from  Mystery Men  AFTER the electric chair.  I have pictures.

Okey doke.  I have to go, but I’ll send a picture. I have one you can put on the blog.  Yeah it’s lovely. It’s already peeling.

Tell dad no, we do not have air conditioning. Just 2 fans, and a bunch of windows, but it’s not bad. We get a lot of wind here. None of the houses have air conditioning either. Just the church. And just the chapel. The chapel is freeeeezing and the rest of the rooms are pretty stuffy. 
Gotta go, but I love you.  And yes. We get Liahonas every month or so, sometimes English, sometimes Portuguese.  Love you muito!!!!!!  Thank you for all your love and prayers and support! :)

Love you! until next week!

Sister Hicken

Sister Tomato:  "Seriously?  I forgot the sunscreen for ONE DAY!"


No comments:

Post a Comment