Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Where have all these people been for the past month?!


October 9, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!

I thought about you yesterday, and was hoping you had a lovely birthday. I haven't read the family letter yet, so I don't know what you did, but you got some fun presents!!!   [Editor's Note:  She was asked if there was anything that she wished she brought with her.]   I’ll wait until I’m out in the field, to see about getting sent stuff. Same with Christmas. It’s hard to tell right now what I need until I’m out in the field because São Paulo is so cold and cloudy, and Recife is exactly the opposite, and plus I’m just indoors all day, not working, so I’m not sure what I need. I’ll be sure to make a list when I do though.

Not a whole lot happened this week. My new companion is cool though! Her name is Sister Reichmann, and she's from North Dakota. We get along really well, and she brings a really great spirit to our companionship. We've been praying together a lot, and it helps a lot. Her Portuguese suffered at Provo, but she's a fast learner and hard worker. She was also in the missionary choir at the Relief Society meeting! Also, another elder came with her from Provo who's going to Recife, but he's in another district. And then I met like 5 Hispanic elders going to Recife, and we all leave the same day! Where have all these people been for the past month?! Anyways, it's really exciting.

Last Friday, we went proselyting on the biggest street in São Paulo. We each got two Book of Mormons and had an hour to give them away. I was really, really scared. They sprang it on us the day before, and hadn't done anything to prepare us. And it was hard at first. It was like New York, except not as crowded, but people were in a rush and didn't want to talk. But we managed to give them all away! After a few tries, someone stopped and talked and listened, and the last two we gave away to a couple of high school kids, who talked with us for about 10-15 minutes. They were so sweet, and wanted to add us on Facebook. It was amazing.

Conference was fantastic. I loved it. We watched it in English and it was great. My favorite was probably President Uchtdorf's, but they were all amazing. Can’t wait to read and study them.

I managed to catch the cold that's been going around the MTC. Whoooo. It’s getting better though. Two of my companions are also sick. It’s been really fun.

Love you mom! Thank you for writing me so diligently and supporting me and praying for me and taking care of everything at home. Thank you for helping me prepare to do this all my life. Tell everyone I love them and thank you for their love and support and emails! I read them all, but often don't get to respond. Hopefully in the field I’ll have longer than 45 minutes on the computer.

Talk to you soon!

Love, Camille


Letter to her Siblings:
October 9, 2013
  
Laura: Hello missy! Good for you for being an awesome indexer! Keep up the good work! The hayride sounded really fun.  What are you reading right now? Where are you in the Book of Mormon?

I don't cook my own meals until I leave the MTC in 2 weeks. We don't party because we're always really tired at the end of the night, but sometimes we do share candy and sing songs with each other! We have fun throughout the day :)

Nathan: You are one busy man! Hope quiz bowl goes well next week. Take a video of your drum line performance when it happens! I want to see it! La comida es muy buena, si. It’s really hard to speak in Spanish now, after being in Portuguese mode. Sometimes it's even hard to speak in English haha. The food changes from day to day but is often very similar. A lot of meat. And lots of Jell-O. Always Jell-O.

Emma: You should send me some mock éclairs in the mail! :) Haha just kidding. What are you reading right now? What are you going to be for Halloween?

Rachel: You will be an awesome Princess Leia!!! I want to see pictures! Say hi to the Spencers for me! That’s awesome that you watched Studio C. I quote it sometimes with my companions. The name of the church in Portuguese is: A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Ultimos Dias.

Ahhh they're kicking me off now! Tell dad I love him, and thank you for his email and I will respond to it next week! I love you all and really wish I had more time to talk to you! I’m proud of you guys! Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 31:20

Love, Camille


No comments:

Post a Comment